Monday, October 29, 2012

SketchUp

I wish, somehow, I could stretch out my days like an accordion and create more time for all of the interests that I have...sculpture, origami, unicycling, juggling, classical guitar, zen, and reading - to name just a few...

One of my interests is digital art and 3D modeling.  I've wanted to learn how to do this for many years and awhile ago I discovered a great program called "SketchUp" that is easy to learn, powerful, and best of all: FREE.  I also discovered another great (free) program called Kerkythea that imports SketchUp models and allows you to create photo-realistic renders of them.  I thought I would share some of the images that I've made using these programs.


Hot Wheels "Silhouette"

Beatles radio concept


DQ - Orange Julius

Dan Grayber sculpture

Dean Castle

Honda CT 70


Nagra III tape recorder

Schwinn Unicycle

Shoji Lamp concept

Snow-Trac ST4

Stiltsville House - concept
Cody box kite

I've had a lot of fun making these and I hope you enjoy them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment